The list below shows upcoming webinars held by IAFP and IAFP’s Professional Development Groups (PDGs). Please note that all opinions and statements are those of the individual making the presentations and not necessarily the opinion or view of IAFP.
Starting Bioinformatics from Zero as a Biologist
Jun 26, 2018 (1:00 P.M. Central Time)
Sponsored by IEH Laboratories & Consulting and the IAFP Student Professional Development Group
Help! You're a food microbiologist embarking on an RNA or DNA-sequencing project for the first time. Where do you start? What tools should you use? What do all these new terms mean? Can you do this on your laptop? What is Linux, anyway? We'll answer these questions and more in this one-hour webinar meant to provide you with some of the vocabulary and resources you will need to develop a game plan for learning bioinformatics.
- Andrea Etter, Presenter Assistant Professor of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Vermont
- Jessica Chen, Presenter Microbiologist, IHRC Inc.
- Peter Cook, Presenter Post-Doctoral Researcher, Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia - Griffin
- Lee Katz, Presenter Enteric Diseases Laboratory Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Stephanie Brown, Moderator Graduate Research Assistant, University of Connecticut
Overview and Comparison of Global Method Validation Schemes
Jun 29, 2018 (9:00 AM (CENTRAL TIME U.S)
Sponsored by Q Laboratories, Inc. and Clear Labs
Organized by the IAFP Applied Laboratory Methods Professional Development Group
The development of novel food safety testing methods is a global effort, and as such those methods must conform to a globally diverse set of standards. Choosing a standard is a function of target geographical markets, opportunity, and market demands. This webinar is the 3rd of the webinar series on method validation and verification and will provide an overview of the major global method validation schemes, how they are conducted, if/where they’re harmonizable, and what method developers can do to be ready for them.
- Patrick M. Bird, Presenter Q Laboratories, Inc.
- Christopher Haney, Presenter Clear Labs
- Stephanie Pollard, Moderator Clear Labs
- Omar Oyarzabal, Moderator University of Vermont