Active IAFP Members can use our search below to find past webinars held by IAFP and IAFP’s Professional Development Groups (PDGs). Please note that all opinions and statements are those of the individual making the presentations and not necessarily the opinion or view of IAFP.
You must have an active IAFP Membership to play the archived webinars in this section.
Listeria monocytogenes: Are Current Industry Practices Meeting Existing and Future Challenges, Part 2.
May 24, 2016
The GMA Science and Education Foundation and JIFSAN conducted a Workshop on Evaluation of Risk Factors for Foodborne Listeriosis in 2015.
Part 1 was recorded December 11, 2015 and is available in the Webinar Archives.
Part 2 of this webinar series will focus on industry management practices. Presenters will share their experiences and strategies for managing Listeria monocytogenes, including:
- Introduction/Industry challenges in management of Listeria
- Open questions from risk managers
- Understanding product risk
- How we manage Listeria , Meat /Cheese, Frozen Products, Dry Products
This webinar is sponsored by GMA Science and Education Foundation.
- Jennifer McEntire, Ph.D. Vice President, Science Operations, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Tim Jackson, Ph.D. Director of Food Safety, Nestle North America
- Reid Ivy, Ph.D. Manager Food Safety - Cheese and Dairy, The Kraft Heinz Company
- Deann Akins-Lewenthal, Ph.D. Director of Microbiology & Food Safety, ConAgra Foods
- Scott Hood, Ph.D. Director of Global Food Safety, General Mills
The Global Burden of Foodborne Disease - Results and perspectives of WHO’s Foodborne Disease Burden Epidemiology Reference Group (FERG)
Feb 9, 2016
The WHO Foodborne Disease Burden Epidemiology Reference Group is providing estimates of the global burden of foodborne diseases, according to age, sex and region, for a defined list of causative agents of microbial, parasitic, and chemical origin, thereby strengthening the capacity of countries to assess the burden of foodborne disease and increasing awareness and commitment for the implementation of food safety standards. These estimates provide valuable information for food safety professionals.
This webinar is sponsored by Wageningen University, Marcel Zwietering, Leon Gorris, Arie Havelaar and an anonymous MMRA PDG Member.
- Arie Hendrik Havelaar Emerging Pathogens Institute, University of Florida
- Marcel Zwietering, Moderator Wageningen University
Listeria monocytogenes – Are Current Industry Practices Meeting Existing and Future Challenges?
Dec 11, 2015
Presented include Dr. Robert Buchanan, JIFSAN, Dr. Martin Wiedmann, Cornell University, and Dr. Daniel Gallagher, Virginia Tech, Dr. Tim Jackson, Nestle, N.A. and Dr. Scott Hood, General Mills. The GMA Science and Education Foundation and JIFSAN conducted a Workshop on Evaluation of Risk Factors for Foodborne Listeriosis in June 2015. This webinar will cover the highlights of the workshop in order to inform the food industry about current challenges regarding Listeria monocytogenes including the most recent advances in science, new thoughts about risk assessment, and what industry should be doing in order to address these challenges.
Sponsored by GMA
- Robert Buchanan, Ph.D. JIFSAN
- Daniel Gallagher, Ph.D. Virginia Tech.
- Scott Hood, Ph.D. General Mills
- Tim Jackson, Ph.D. Nestle NA
- Martin Wiedmann, Ph.D. Cornell University
- Melinda Hayman, Moderator GMA