Low Water Activity Food Safety Series: Part 2 of 4 - Microbiological Safety of Nuts and Nut Products
Apr 15, 2021 (11:00 AM (EDT))
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. List the foodborne pathogens most commonly linked to nuts and nut pastes;
2. Recognize the key factors that impact microbial persistence in nuts and nut production and processing environments;
3. Recognize some of the major production, harvest, and postharvest handling practices that have a potential impact on the introduction and distribution of foodborne pathogens in different nuts.
- Linda Harris, Presenter University of California-Davis, Department of Food Science and Technology, USA
- Joshua Gurtler, Moderator USDA-ARS, USA