Surviving and Thriving During the Pandemic: Perspectives from Research and the Seafood Industry
Apr 14, 2021 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EDT))
1. From the international perspective, learn how one government, industry, and trade association are collaborating to protect a critical industry - including harvest workers and their harvest, and food safety procedures during processing.
2. From the U.S. food processing sector, learn how one leading company "survives and thrives during the Covid pandemic" and evolves its food safety and worker safety practices.
3. From monitoring employee health to the factory floor, learn from best practices for workplace management, monitoring, and test methods
4. From current university research, learn an integrated approach to address COVID-19 concerns in the food supply chain by assessing the survival of the virus on food and food contact surfaces.
- Lorenzo De Santis, Presenter SGS Peru, Peru
- Douglas Marshall, Presenter Eurofins Scientific Inc., USA
- Tracy McConnell, Presenter King and Prince Seafood Corp., USA
- Reza Ovissipour, Presenter Virginia Tech University, USA
- Kevin Edwards, Moderator SGS North America, USA
- Jessica Jones, Moderator Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Office of Food Safety, USDA, USA