Active IAFP Members can use our search below to find past webinars held by IAFP and IAFP’s Professional Development Groups (PDGs). Please note that all opinions and statements are those of the individual making the presentations and not necessarily the opinion or view of IAFP.
You must have an active IAFP Membership to play the archived webinars in this section.
The Challenge of Conducting Challenge Tests
Sep 13, 2019
It is the responsibility of food business operators to take measures to ensure that food safety criteria are applicable throughout food production processes, food storage conditions and food preparation. In the case of ready-to-eat and/or perishable food which supports microbial growth, predictive microbiology, literature data or challenge test studies are performed to prove compliance to regulation. In the case a challenge test is deemed necessary, the webinar will provide guidance on how to conduct it properly, based on the recently published standard on challenge testing and the European technical guidance document. This will lead to greater confidence in the control of Listeria monocytogenes and thus to safer food.
Sponsored by the IAFP Foundation
Organized by the IAFP
- Hélène Bergis, Presenter ANSES: French Food Safety Agency
- Paul in 't Veld, Presenter Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority
- Florence Postollec, Presenter ADRIA
- Mariem Ellouze, Moderator Nestlé Research Center
Handling Food Fraud in e-Commerce - Food Fraud Series Part 5 of 5
Jun 27, 2019
- This session explores ways of dealing with the risks and intelligence offered by e-Commerce.
- E-commerce exposes brand owners and retailers to various risks coming with online trading, from misinformation about products to authenticity, parallel trading, and counterfeiting. At the same time, e-commerce is an open and transparent marketplace which can also provide a source of intelligence to manage risks across various supply chains.
- The webinar will offer insights about international legal frameworks, different types of risks and explore how technologies help identify and/or allow to massively scan e-retailers and international transactions to intelligently supervise product information which triggers actions to prevent such risks.
- Lara Miller, Speaker International Anticounterfeiting Coalition
- Axel Hein, Speaker Apirasol
- Nicola Colombo, Speaker SGS
Emerging Food Categories - Food Fraud Series Part 4 of 5
Jun 11, 2019
This is fourth in a series of five webinars on implementation of food fraud control systems and best practices. This session explores emerging food categories and markets with a focus on the latest research relating to packaging technology understanding the benefits of anti-counterfeiting techniques. Finally, we will discuss how to manage food fraud risk information for knowledge sharing and traceability with specialized tools and systems.
- Caroline Francis, Researcher Melbourne University Centre Food Value Chain
- Nicola Colombo, Global Head SGS Digicomply
- David Psomiadis, Lab Lead Imprint Analytics